I disagree and I'll use this quote to make my point.

"I would rather get away from that whole idea of clocks. We all want progress. But progress means getting nearer to the place where you want to be. And if you have taken a wrong turning, then to go forward does not get you any nearer. If you are on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; and in that case the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive ... [and] going back is the quickest way on." C.S. Lewis










I'm a member of the MOB.

Powered by Blogger


Listed on BlogShares

 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com

Monday, June 13, 2005

Mother of the Year

Maureen Faibish called the San Francisco Chronicle to "defend" herself from all the criticism after her 12 year-old boy was killed by one of their "pet" Pit Bulls. This woman wins two awards, "Mother of the Year" and the coveted "Darwin Awards". Check out her comments from the article that is posted on MSNBC.

Maureen Faibish said she ordered Nicholas to stay in the basement while she did errands on June 3, the day he was attacked by one or both of the dogs. She said she was worried about the male dog, Rex, who was acting possessive because the female, Ella, was in heat. “I put him down there, with a shovel on the door,” Faibish told the San Francisco Chronicle. “And I told him: ‘Stay down there until I come back.’ Typical Nicky, he wouldn’t listen to me.” Nicholas apparently found a way to open the basement door.

OK, so we have problems on several levels here:
  1. She fails to realize that locking him in the basement, while "protecting" him from the dog ensures he would probably die if a fire started.
  2. She raised a 12 year-old boy who apparently does not have the restraint to obey his mother, so that is why he had to be locked in the basement rather than put him in his room and say "stay in here and play your Xbox until I come home".
  3. Why the hell do you have a "pet" in your house that has a high probability to hurt your child?
  4. At what point do we realize that this breed of dog is quite possibly more dangerous than things like a wolf.

The poor kid didn't have a fighting chance in life with a mother like that.