I disagree and I'll use this quote to make my point.

"I would rather get away from that whole idea of clocks. We all want progress. But progress means getting nearer to the place where you want to be. And if you have taken a wrong turning, then to go forward does not get you any nearer. If you are on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; and in that case the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive ... [and] going back is the quickest way on." C.S. Lewis










I'm a member of the MOB.

Powered by Blogger


Listed on BlogShares

 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com

Friday, February 17, 2006

Sabo Has a "Challenger" in CD-5

2006 Elections, Federal The lifelong member of Congress, Martin Sabo (CD-5), has a DFL challenger this year. Jack Nelson-Pallmeyer is running as far left as he can with a hard anti-war campaign, pro-green campaign. I am sure he will generate a small, very small, amount of interested, but only because Democrats are see failed leadership nationally and the amount of greens in Minneapolis. I found some evidence of this by checking the forums on Democratic Underground forums.

I know Sabo is much loved. Hell, he's been in Congress longer than some DUers have been alive. But he is part of the establishment that says "Don't blame the Democrats" for anything while they keep voting for Bush's destructive policies or take a passive stance. We, the people, are stuck here in outrage while our Congresspeople sit like stumps.
All that said, don't quit your day job Jack. (Photo: www.backjack2006.org)