Ed Says Thanks!
Replublican SD63 candidate Ed Field sent a letter to the editor (Richfield Sun-Current and the Red Star) recently and he copied me on it. The paper has not published it yet, so I will.
Thanking Veterans To the Editor May 11, 2006 While going through some old photographs I found a photo of my father in his Army uniform. In a moment of nostalgia, I thought back to my dad and what it must have been like for him when he served during WWII. He was severely injured and almost lost his leg. This injury plagued him his whole life and ultimately was the cause of his death at a relatively young age. I thought of all the fun times and also the times when he just couldn’t do things with my brothers and me that other dads did with their sons. He compensated with gifts, love, and life lessons for which I thanked him at the time. The one thing I never thought to thank him for though was his personal sacrifice in defending my freedoms. Now he’s gone and the only thing I can do is pay tribute to his memory at his gravesite at Fort Snelling Cemetery this Memorial Day. But there is something else I can do. This Memorial Day, I’m going to seek out every memorial I can find and say a prayer of thanks to all who are commemorated at each site. I will try to see as many veterans at the VA Hospital as I can and thank them. And I will thank as many active duty service men and women I can find. If your mom or dad served and are still alive, thank them before it’s too late. Another life lesson. Thanks Dad. Ed Field Bloomington GOP Endorsed Senate Candidate SD63 952 881-4647 www.GoForEd.com




<< Home