I disagree and I'll use this quote to make my point.

"I would rather get away from that whole idea of clocks. We all want progress. But progress means getting nearer to the place where you want to be. And if you have taken a wrong turning, then to go forward does not get you any nearer. If you are on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; and in that case the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive ... [and] going back is the quickest way on." C.S. Lewis










I'm a member of the MOB.

Powered by Blogger


Listed on BlogShares

 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com

Monday, July 18, 2005

Parade Trash?

Federal, 2006 Elections Question: How do you avoid your literature from becoming parade trash? Answer:

Kennedy's handouts at Heritagefest Parade in New Ulm, MN Posted by Picasa

The parade officials did everyone the favor of splitting the Brown County Republicans and Democrats (could not find link for them) floats by one unit. The Democrats must have won the coin flip and they were first and then came the Republicans with their tractor and these handy sports schedules. If you look, the handout has one schedule that leans towards the CD-6 roots, this of course is the St. John's football schedule.

I was waiting to be offered a Klobuchar sticker, but alas I was not offered one and could not use the line I was hoping to use. I did note that the Democratic float was only offering two stickers, one for the local CD candidate, Tim Walz, and the other for Klobuchar. There was not a single piece of literature or sign for Wetterling or Doran, however, on the way home I did spot one of those Kelly Doran headshots along Highway 169 near LeSeuer.

Finally, I'm sure Ms. Klobuchar would be proud of the many uses for her stickers. On the way home we made a quick stop for nourishment (fast food) and two enterprising young women (girls really) stuck one on the unclothed portion of their chests hoping to attract the attention of boys (the trap obviously worked, but don't worry I did not stare, nor did I turn for a second look).