No Sticker Son!
Federal, 2006 Elections Our friends from Lakeville came up to our place to celebrate the brave and audacious actions of 56 men, we started with a some food and fun on the new patio and then head off to the Richfield 4th of July parade. This was my first one after nine years of residence in Richfield. The parade featured four different political units this year, the city hall float with mayor and councilmen, CD5 king... er Rep Martin Olav Sabo, a Amy Klobuchar surrogate and the candidate (sorry, forgot name) for Bloomington's Ward 1 council seat (I believe this is the most easterly ward in Bloomington). Noticeably absent was Rep Mark Kennedy or a surrogate. I was a little bit surprised about the no-show for Kennedy since his campaign has been so active, but Hennepin county is home turf for Klobuchar so she is probably hoping to round up some support early. There is a problem for Amy though, when you send a surrogate you should probably not assume the crowd knows the person. Why? Because at the time of the parade I just saw an old guy sitting on this convertible and a bunch of kids handing out stickers. After I had some time to think, I realized it was probably her old man stumping for her but I'm still not positive. This brings us to the important part. I saw all the little kids swarming to get a coveted Klobuchar for Senate sticker and I was thinking of a kind way to explain to my boy that he will not be wearing that sticker. Thankfully, he didn't even ask for one. He saw them coming and is normally a sucker for any sticker, but the boy wanted nothing to do with an Klobuchar sticker. What a good boy! Attention Mark Kennedy for Senate campaign, I hope you are happy because since you did not attend this event you probably lost the coveted 3 to 10 year-old vote in all of Richfield and east Bloomington. Good luck recovering from that.




<< Home