Crow Anyone?
MN House I am little embarrassed because in this post I wondered "out loud" what various representatives thought about a proposed piece of legislation. Less that eight hours later I received an answer from one of them in the comments of the post. Well, the answer was already out there, he just reminded me. Here is Representative Paul Thissen's (63A) position:
To answer your question, I actually was Chief Author of legislation this year (before the Supreme Court decision and before everyone jumped on the bandwagon) to limit eminent domain in situations where property is taken from one private entity and given to another. See HF 1618. Here is a link if anyone is interested to other information about my position on eminent domain. Eminent domain position on Thissenformn.com[link modified for HTML reasons] StarTribune quote posted on thissenformn website [link modified for HTML formatting reasons] I do not think the total prohibition called for by Sen. Bachman and Rep. Vanderveer and several others is the best policy result, but additional restrictions and proof requirements by cities and more substantive review by Courts -- as well as fairer compensation in general -- makes absolute sense. Anyway - keep up your good work. I like to read your posts.After the friendly reminder I did recall reading the StarTribune post and the bill itself a few months back, but the summer heat wave must have damaged my connections a bit. It is good to know Rep Thissen reads my blog on occasion, I guess I may have to be a little more polite?

<< Home