I disagree and I'll use this quote to make my point.

"I would rather get away from that whole idea of clocks. We all want progress. But progress means getting nearer to the place where you want to be. And if you have taken a wrong turning, then to go forward does not get you any nearer. If you are on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; and in that case the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive ... [and] going back is the quickest way on." C.S. Lewis










I'm a member of the MOB.

Powered by Blogger


Listed on BlogShares

 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Richfield or Rosenberg's Proclamation?

Richfield Thanks to Peggy Handt for her letter to the Richfield Sun-Current. It seems that Peggy is taking issue with Council member Rosenberg's proclamation designating June 2005 as Gay, Lesbian, Transgender Pride Celebration Month in Richfield. Excerpt from minutes of June 14, 2005 council meeting:

Item #2 - PRESENTATION OF PROCLAMATION DESIGNATING JUNE 2005 AS GAY,LESBIAN, BISEXUAL, TRANSGENDER PRIDE CELEBRATION MONTH IN RICHFIELD Council Member Rosenberg presented to Mark Olson, Human Rights Commission Chair, a proclamation designating June 2005 as Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender Pride Celebration Month in Richfield.

Peggy says:
I think the residents of Richfield should be made publicly aware that at the June 14 City Council meeting, Susan Rosenberg made a presentation of proclamation designating June 2005 as Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender Pride Month in Richfield. Such a proclamation infers that we Richfield residents all go along with the idea. Maybe I am a minority, maybe I am not. But I really believe it is inappropriate for any City Council member to impose his or her personal beliefs on sexual issues upon the residents of their city. Peggy Handt Richfield