DFLers Lining Up
MN Senate, MN House, 2006 Elections With the endorsing convention just 8 weeks away, SD63 and SD62 candidates are lining up. Last night I reported that Mark Gleason is going to jump into the race for Senate. I have yet to confirm that, but the email I received seemed trustworthy. Here are some more additions found via the Campaign Finance and Public Disclosure Board. 63 Senate - Ellen Trout Van Iwaarden 63B House - Linda Slocum 62 Senate - Matthew Gladue That makes three vying for the Senate seat. Since Thissen is the chair of the Larson campaign it, appears the leaders of the local DFL are behind Larson. With his past success Gleason is sure to have a few loyal friends in the district, however with Laron's name recognition in 63B and Thissen fighting for him in 63A, I suspect Gleason will really have a tough fight on his hands. As for Ellen, she lists herself as the treasurer and chair of her campaign so I wonder how serious this candidacy really is? Anyone willing to offer me more insight, send me an email. UPDATE: Our friend David Weinlick chimes in with news in the comments. It sounds like the next eight weeks will be exciting for the local DFL.
There are already more in each race. I count four in 63, and four in 63B. I'll give you some time to guess first, but some of them have already sent introductions to the previous delegate lists. As for 62, there are more jumping in over there as well. I heard about another candidate who declared intentions last night. David Weinlick Homepage 02.14.06 - 7:27 pm #

<< Home