Warm Fuzzies from Martin Sabo
Federal
The esteemed Rep. Martin Sabo (CD5) delivered a little questionnaire to my mailbox today and it is also listed on his website. I just wanted to provide a sample of how he is reaching out to his constituents. I feel so appreciated by him now that I filled out my questionnaire. I have no doubt my name and email will be filed under "Wingnut".
My biggest problem is with question #4.
4. For 33 years, the Roe v. Wade U.S. Supreme Court decision legalizing abortion has been the law of the land, but the country faces uncertainty on this issue as the makeup of the Supreme Court changes. Which statement best reflects your view?: More should be done to protect a woman's right to choose. Laws like the late-term abortion ban are eroding this individual right. I generally support a woman's right to choose, but support some restrictions. I oppose abortion and believe it should be outlawed.Do you see what that question does to a guy like me? It pigeon holes a conservative into the rigid "should be outlawed." position with zero room for exceptions. Question six is similar, but at least I have four options instead of three.
6. Most people agree that our immigration system is broken and needs to be fixed. Which statement best reflects your view?: We should institute a guest worker program to temporarily match willing foreign workers with American companies in need of workers. We should provide a path to legal status for undocumented immigrants already here, but not necessarily citizenship. We should provide a legal path to citizenship for undocumented immigrants currently living in the U.S. if they can pass a background check. We should deport all undocumented immigrants.The fifth district has suffered through 26+ years of King Sabo, I wonder when he will retire? And will we actually make him spend a nickle for his '06 campaign? Regardless, I feel so much better now that I have been heard. Photo: sabo.house.gov






<< Home