I disagree and I'll use this quote to make my point.

"I would rather get away from that whole idea of clocks. We all want progress. But progress means getting nearer to the place where you want to be. And if you have taken a wrong turning, then to go forward does not get you any nearer. If you are on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; and in that case the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive ... [and] going back is the quickest way on." C.S. Lewis










I'm a member of the MOB.

Powered by Blogger


Listed on BlogShares

 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com

Saturday, March 18, 2006

CD5 Lineup

2006 Elections This list is compiled from this article. I will also begin compiling a list of candidates for all the '06 races that touch SD63. I will put this on the left sidebar. DFL Announced: State Rep. Keith Ellison (58B)

State Rep. Keith Ellison, DFL-Minneapolis, pledged to run a "vigorous" campaign. "I am going to run on peace. I am going to run on health care for all. I am going to run on environmental justice and cleaning up our air so we have a sustainable future," he said. Source: StarTribune 3/18/05
City Council Member Gary Schiff (Minneapolis)
DFL Minneapolis City Council Member Gary Schiff said he would be an "openly gay man" challenging President Bush's record on human rights. "The most pressing issue facing the country is the war in Iraq ,and we need a firm deadline for withdrawal, and we need to do it within the year," he said, adding that he would represent the progressive activism of the Fifth District. Source: StarTribune 3/18/05
Prof. Jack Nelson-Pallmeyer DFL Considering: Hennepin County Commissioner Mike Opat Council Member Lisa Goodman Hennepin County Board Member Gail Dorfman DFL Speculation: Mike Erlandson - form state party chair, Sabo chief of staff (soon to be annointed heir apparent?) Former State Senator Julie Sabo State Senator Satveer Chaudhary (SD60-Fridley) State Senator Linda Berglin (SD61 - Minneapolis) Former Mayor Sharon Sayles Belton Hennepin County Board Member Peter McLaughlin State Rep. Paul Thissen (63A) (my addtion) Mayor Rybak (my addition) GOP Announced: James Turnham Tim Anderson Green Party Announced: Jay Pond