Don't Mess with a WWII Vet!
Miscellaneous I knew men from the "Greatest Generation" were tough, but this story is the best. Apparently some idiot, would be car-jacker/robber jumped into the wrong car on March 1st.
This line is classic.Lloyd Volsdal figured he had nothing to lose when a man claiming to be armed slipped into his car and demanded his money last week. So he punched his assailant in the face.
"I was mad, so I did it," said Volsdal, 84, a U.S. Navy veteran of World War II. "I'm not that good a puncher, but I guess it was enough to scare him.
Hear is some free advice to all thugs and strung out skinny dopers, do not mess with a man in his Buick outside a VFW, Legion Club or Bingo hall. If you do, the account that follows man happen to you!"I gave him a good whop and that surprised him."
"He says, "You got any money?' "I says, 'No!' "He says, 'Yes you do. You got money and I want it.' "That's when Volsdal threw the first punch, he recalled. "You shouldn't have done that," Volsdal quoted his assailant as telling him. "Now I'm going to kill you." But the man instead changed his mind to a carjacking, Volsdal said. "He says, 'Get the hell out of this car. I'm taking it,'" Volsdal said. "He seemed like he was not rational." "I says, 'I'm not giving up this car.' "Volsdal put the car in gear, drove forward a few feet and slammed on the brakes, jolting his unwelcome passenger. Then, Volsdal threw his second punch - the one that sent his assailant fleeing.I'm glad this guy was fighting on my side 60+ years ago! Nice job Lloyd!




<< Home