I disagree and I'll use this quote to make my point.

"I would rather get away from that whole idea of clocks. We all want progress. But progress means getting nearer to the place where you want to be. And if you have taken a wrong turning, then to go forward does not get you any nearer. If you are on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; and in that case the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive ... [and] going back is the quickest way on." C.S. Lewis










I'm a member of the MOB.

Powered by Blogger


Listed on BlogShares

 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com

Sunday, February 06, 2005

DFL Math Problems or Deceptions?

Apparently Michael did not read the full word problem when coming up with his little example chart which proposes to illustrate how the people who earn less are paying a bigger tax burden. Even commenting on this may be giving it more credit than is worthy, however I must. In his example, he claims that a person earning $150k and $49k would experience the exact same property tax increase of $200, does that not seem odd? Call me crazy, but I suspect the person earning $150k would probably live in a house that would be valued a bit higher and therefore cause his property tax increase to be more than the guy making $40k. The math, or more precisely, the assumptions behind it just do not work. One questions Michael intends to deceive or just doesn't get the complexity of the issue. There is even more irony involved here though. Michael also runs a site called "Where's the Truth" in which he claims you can "See and hear how to rebut right-wing lies, myths..." He must suffer from the same thing as his guy Mr. Dayton. Check out what DvK says on the subject:

The irony of Mark Dayton lecturing the President of the United States on running and hiding was apparently lost on the Senator.