I disagree and I'll use this quote to make my point.

"I would rather get away from that whole idea of clocks. We all want progress. But progress means getting nearer to the place where you want to be. And if you have taken a wrong turning, then to go forward does not get you any nearer. If you are on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; and in that case the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive ... [and] going back is the quickest way on." C.S. Lewis










I'm a member of the MOB.

Powered by Blogger


Listed on BlogShares

 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

I Tought I Taw a Putty Tat!

OK, so which DFLer is going to see this article and be the first to submit a bill to protect our poor kitty cats? You can bet there are staffers at the capitol already helping to draft up the first bill to submit it. It is a perfect opportunity for a DFLer to get on a soapbox and show how much he/she really cares and make the PETA crowd happy. I found this quote most interesting:

The reason feral cats are scorned by some wildlife officials, hunters, bird watchers and others is because they prey on wildlife, including songbirds and game birds such as pheasants and ducks. And the toll appears high. Wisconsin researcher Stanley Temple, using radio-collared cats, estimates free-ranging cats in Wisconsin might kill between 8 million and 217 million songbirds yearly and 140,000 game birds. A "reasonable estimate" would be 39 million birds, he has said.
I say one will be submitted by the end of the month. Let me add that I happen to like cats as a pet (even over a dog), but I just hope we don't waste time at the capitol on this one.