Meaty Subject
OK, I continue to struggle to find time to research and comment, but I stumbled on to this topic while in New Ulm, my native land, last weekend to play in the 2005 Festmeister Hockey Tournament sponsored by August Schell Brewing Company and organized by two teams it sponsors. Don't ask how Team Hauey (Hauenstein Beer) did at the tournament. Bear with me, this is on topic. As a native, one of my favorite items to purchase when I go to New Ulm is jerky, summer sausage and landjaegers at local meat shops in New Ulm or Nicollet. Buying meats like these from Cub, Rainbow, Lund's, etc. is just not the same. I was sitting there scanning the local paper, the New Ulm Journal, that I delivered as a young lad from December 1979 until December 1987 and I stumbled across this letter:
Letter in New Ulm Journal on 4/9/05 
As a supporter of fair taxation, small business and good meat, I have to say I agree with these people who sent this letter. Please contact your local reps and have them support HF1392 and SF1571. Finally, if you ever are passing through Nicollet or New Ulm, be sure to track down the good meats at one of the local meat shops (the Sausage Shop), you will not regret it.




<< Home