I disagree and I'll use this quote to make my point.

"I would rather get away from that whole idea of clocks. We all want progress. But progress means getting nearer to the place where you want to be. And if you have taken a wrong turning, then to go forward does not get you any nearer. If you are on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; and in that case the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive ... [and] going back is the quickest way on." C.S. Lewis










I'm a member of the MOB.

Powered by Blogger


Listed on BlogShares

 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Ranum and Reenactment of Concealed Carry Law

SD63's beloved Senator Jane Ranum did her best to delay or derail the reenactment of the Minnesota Citizens' Personal Protection Act of 2003. This may seem like old news, but I simply point it out so this can be remembered in Nov. '08. All the details on the bill (SF2259) can be found here, but here are a few excerpts:

Amendment offered by Sen. Jane B. Ranum on May 13, 2005, to increase the fee for permit renewal to $100 and designate $25 of that to the general fund. The amendment failed in the Senate (22 to 42) on May 13, 2005.
Amendment offered by Sen. Jane B. Ranum on May 13, 2005, to make it a misdemeanor, rather than a petty misdemeanor for failing to leave a posted establishment when requested to. The amendment failed in the Senate (22 to 40) on May 13, 2005.
Senator Ranum was also joined in the amendment flurry by Marty (SD54-Roseville) and Skoglund (SD62-Minneapolis). Of course, most or all of these amendments failed and the bill passed. A final note on the bill though, why did Michel (SD41-Edina) and McGinn (SD38-Eagan) vote against the bill? I know this topic does not necessarily fall down party lines thanks to the outstate DFL legislators smart enough to know their constituents, but why does a Republican in Edina and Eagan not support it? In the House, both Rep. Thissen (63A) and Larson (63B) voted against the passing of HF2424, the companion to SF2259. Did I even need to mention this? No, you should have known their votes.