I disagree and I'll use this quote to make my point.

"I would rather get away from that whole idea of clocks. We all want progress. But progress means getting nearer to the place where you want to be. And if you have taken a wrong turning, then to go forward does not get you any nearer. If you are on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; and in that case the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive ... [and] going back is the quickest way on." C.S. Lewis










I'm a member of the MOB.

Powered by Blogger


Listed on BlogShares

 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com

Saturday, May 14, 2005

Dayton's Position

Earlier this week I asked my senator, Mark Dayton, to support the end of the current tactics of the Democrats in the Senate. I particularly like the remark where he speaks for all Americans. Dear Senator Dayton, rarely, if ever have you ever spoken for me. The response:

May 11, 2005 Mr. SD63 -address removed for posting- Richfield, Minnesota 55423 Dear Mr. SD63,; Thank you for contacting me in regard to Senate confirmation of President Bush's judicial nominees. The Senate's Constitutional role to advise and consent is essential to our overnment's system of checks and balances. The Senate must not become a rubber stamp for the President when deciding who will head the third branch of government. President Bush has not consulted with the Senate on many of his judicial nominations. Despite this omission, the Senate has confirmed over 200 – or 95 percent – of the President's judicial nominees to date. The vacancy rate in the federal judiciary is at the lowest level since before the Clinton Administration, and approximately 25 percent of the federal judges serving lifetime appointments on the bench today were appointed by President George W. Bush. In order to protect our fair and independent judiciary, I believe most Americans would agree that all Presidents should nominate judges who can be confirmed by broad bipartisan majorities, not just by two- or three-vote margins. It is my hope that the President will work with the Senate, as the Constitution instructs him to do, so that we can confirm fair and moderate judges with support from Republicans and Democrats alike. My best regards. Sincerely, Mark Dayton United States Senator MD:jke