I disagree and I'll use this quote to make my point.

"I would rather get away from that whole idea of clocks. We all want progress. But progress means getting nearer to the place where you want to be. And if you have taken a wrong turning, then to go forward does not get you any nearer. If you are on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; and in that case the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive ... [and] going back is the quickest way on." C.S. Lewis










I'm a member of the MOB.

Powered by Blogger


Listed on BlogShares

 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com

Friday, June 17, 2005

SD63 DFL Roster Takes Shape

MN Senate, MN House They are starting to line up for the position being vacated by Amy Klobuchar as she runs for Mark Dayton's vacated Senate seat. I recommend KvM to follow that race. On Thursday, Andy Luger announced his run for the position joining Phil Carruthers and former Hennepin County Attorney Mike Freeman. Luger will run as a DFL candidate and will drop out of the race if another candidate is endorsed. As the article states, he comes out of the gates with some big names behind him.

Minneapolis Mayor R.T. Rybak stood beside Luger at his announcement, along with state Reps. Margaret Anderson Kelliher, Frank Hornstein and Paul Thissen, all DFL-Minneapolis, and Rep. Steve Simon, DFL-St. Louis Park.

Luger lists 300 lawyers as supporters. Among his backers are Mike Colich, Joe Friedberg, Bill Mauzy, Ron Meshbesher, Kevin Short and Peter Wold; Daniel Boivin; Sam and Sylvia Kaplan; former assistant U.S. Attorney Mark Larsen; assistant U.S. Attorney Hank Shea; Larry Leventhal, Mark Rotenberg, and John Stanoch.

In case you didn't notice, none other than SD63A's Paul Thissen was there supporting Luger. The article made no mention of Jane Ranum, however if State Senator Ranum was intending to run for the Hennepin County Attorney position, as speculated here, then I suspect Mr. Thissen may have supported her. This leads me to believe there will be no shake up in SD63 and we should have the same DFL incumbents running for re-election in '06.