Afford Him the Same
Miscellaneous (I'm sure this has been well covered, but I just saw this video that I wanted to point out.) Will John Roberts be afforded the same respect of Justice Ginsberg? Will he be allowed to not answer just as she was? If you go here, you can see a nice little video where Justice Ginsberg refuses to answer nine questions. At the end of this same video, you will see and hear Senator Orin Hatch speak extremely respectfully of Justice Ginsberg and President Clinton. I wrote these quotes from the video so I may miss a word, but the link is above for you to hear yourself. The video does not specify the time or details about the Hatch interview. Here are the quotes, emphasis added:
"I think you stand up for good people even if you don't fully agree with them"
"... and we have a President who happens to differ with me, but he was elected and he picked Ruth Bader Ginsberg who has an excellent record, who has a great judicial temperament as you can easily see, who is a fine legal scholar, who is honest and decent, who has the physical capacity to do this job and frankly who am I to stand here and say this President shouldn't have who he wants ..."It will be interesting to see if Roberts gets any Democrats speaking like this for him too.




<< Home