I disagree and I'll use this quote to make my point.

"I would rather get away from that whole idea of clocks. We all want progress. But progress means getting nearer to the place where you want to be. And if you have taken a wrong turning, then to go forward does not get you any nearer. If you are on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; and in that case the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive ... [and] going back is the quickest way on." C.S. Lewis










I'm a member of the MOB.

Powered by Blogger


Listed on BlogShares

 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Ready Larson?

MN House, 2006 Elections The last week I have heard rumors about candidates for SD63. I received confirmation of one rumor over the weekend.

Vern Wilcox of Bloomington (Not this one!) announces his State House Campaign for SD63B.

Wilcox brings a lot of experience with him in this challenge and he will most probably be the toughest candidate Larson has seen. He has been on the Bloomington City Council since 1993 and in the 2003 city council election he won every precinct in Bloomington's District 4, which includes the Mall of America. This district makes up a large part of district 63B. Wilcox should also have some strength and name recogniztion in the eastside of Richfield because of his work on the Metropolitan Airport Sound Abatement Committee.

In 2004 Larson faced a single, young (twenty-something) and hard-working Pat Kirby and won by a 62-38 margin, but Kirby started late and had a lot of ground to make up in a short amount of time. No offense to Kirby, but Wilcox's experience and proven election results elevates this challenge to a whole new level for Representative Larson.

Here is a short list of Wilcox's experience: Bloomington City Council Member, 12 years Deputy Mayor, 4 years Port Authority, 10 years Airport Zoning Board Member Metropolitan Airport Sound Abatement Committee, 9 years Chamber of Commerce Board Member Bloomington/Richfield Watershed Management Board Airport Zoning BoardHousing & Redevelopment AuthorityPlanning Commission, 6 years Decorated Vietnam Veteran, US Navy Seabees