I disagree and I'll use this quote to make my point.

"I would rather get away from that whole idea of clocks. We all want progress. But progress means getting nearer to the place where you want to be. And if you have taken a wrong turning, then to go forward does not get you any nearer. If you are on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; and in that case the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive ... [and] going back is the quickest way on." C.S. Lewis










I'm a member of the MOB.

Powered by Blogger


Listed on BlogShares

 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com

Friday, August 26, 2005

Grandparents, Chickens and Politicians = State Fair

2006 Elections The family had a great day at the fair today. Grandpa was doing his civic duty with one of the fireman's items today. He also explained all the types of chickens to my lovely wife and kids because he and his dad raised show chickens. On the way to the chickens we had a Klobuchar sighting! (I pointed her out to my parents and they vaguely recognized her.) I actually almost ran into her literally at the fair today. She was not in "press the flesh" mode at the time, but I noticed she walked somewhat anonymously through the crowd. How good is her statewide name recognition? I understand the DFL insiders love her and Hennepin County residents know her, but maybe KvM is on to something? When an out-state person hears Klobuchar is running for Senate will this image appear in their mind?

Maybe she needs to try to pull more stuff like Hatch's Medica fiasco to get herself on TV more? Hoping for a more positive outcome, of course.