I disagree and I'll use this quote to make my point.

"I would rather get away from that whole idea of clocks. We all want progress. But progress means getting nearer to the place where you want to be. And if you have taken a wrong turning, then to go forward does not get you any nearer. If you are on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; and in that case the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive ... [and] going back is the quickest way on." C.S. Lewis










I'm a member of the MOB.

Powered by Blogger


Listed on BlogShares

 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Start of Something?

Federal Senator Conrad from North Dakota met with Judge Alito yesterday and says it is unlikely he would support a filibuster.

"I think it is unlikely, absent some new information, some bombshell that comes up in the process, that I would support a filibuster," Conrad said Wednesday, after meeting with Alito in his Washington office.
Conrad is up for election in just in '06 and it seems he has come to his senses about the Alito nomination. The cynical side of me thinks he realizes supporting a filibuster could spell troubles or at least a good talking point for an opponent the next 361 days, however the optimist in me hopes that it is a combination of this fact plus he realizes that Judge Alito is an excellent judge who will not legislate from the bench even if this leads to a decision that may be contrary to his own personal views. Is this the start of the moderates sending a message to their party that a filibuster is not the answer? We can only hope so.