More Questions of Timing
2006 Elections Some DFL openly questioning timing of this move with BPOU conventions happening in next few weeks, CD5 endorsing convention happening in seven weeks and the precinct caucus passed, this is reeking of kingmaker manuvering on Sabo's part.
What everyone wondered Friday, however, was why Sabo, who wasn't talking, waited until now to make the announcement. "I am curious about the timing and the intent behind the timing. It forces some quick decisions," said Sen. Scott Dibble, DFL-Minneapolis.
Council Member Lisa Goodman also said, "I wouldn't rule it out, but it depends who is in it. I love Martin Sabo but when you retire at this late date it seems like a set-up." Helping hand to Erlandson? She referred to whether the timing of the announcement was intended to give an edge to Erlandson, the former state DFL Party chairman who lives on Lake of the Isles.Source: StarTribune 3/18/06




<< Home