I disagree and I'll use this quote to make my point.

"I would rather get away from that whole idea of clocks. We all want progress. But progress means getting nearer to the place where you want to be. And if you have taken a wrong turning, then to go forward does not get you any nearer. If you are on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; and in that case the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive ... [and] going back is the quickest way on." C.S. Lewis










I'm a member of the MOB.

Powered by Blogger


Listed on BlogShares

 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com

Sunday, April 09, 2006

BPOU Convention Saturday

SD63 DFL Here is the report from the SD63 DFL Convention, I and the DFL chair himself expected the endorsement process to be a bit more involved, but according to him it was fairly straight forward.

-----Original Message----- From: David Weinlick, SD63 DFL Chair Sent: Saturday, April 08, 2006 11:08 PM To: Jerome Plagge, Jr. Subject: Re: convention Jerry-- It was actually pretty straightforward--moreso than I might have expected. After one ballot, the other three Senate candidates stepped aside to endorse Dan Larson. After one ballot on the 63B side, the other two candidates stepped aside to endorse Linda Slocum. --David
SD63 Republicans The endorsement process was very simple for us because each race had only one candidate, so once the group decided we should endorse a candidate for each race it was very straigh forward and Ed (Senate), Vern (63B) and David (63A) all received a nomination. I think the real excitement of the day for the delegates was the opportunity to hear from several candidates and current office holders. For the US Congress (the Bloomington portion of SD63 is in CD-3), we heard from three of the four men seeking the CD-5 endorsement and Congressmen Jim Ramstad. As you can imagine the Rammer received probably the loudest welcome and applause of them all, he is very well liked. Colin Chapman chose not to attend and I heard that I should not be surprise if to see him withdraw from the race. We also heard from all three candidates (Shudlick, Uldrich and Kennedy) seeking the endorsement for the US Senate, although Kennedy sent his brother Steven (spelling?) as a surrogate. The fact that Mark attended and spoke at our Chili Dinner fundraiser eight weeks ago made it less disappointing to only have a surrogate. His brother did mention that Mark had eight other stops he was making himself. We also heard from Jeff Johnson (Attorney General) and Rich Stanek (Hennepin County Sheriff). I do not have the time to elaborate now, but I have three pages of notes to review for a more detailed post later.