Trouble in Gelsenkirchen
Tragedy is unfolding in the German city of Gelsenkirchen. It seems the United States is on the verge of losing its first match in the World Cup. It is lunch now, but I am afraid I may not be able to go on working today. Sigh.
I just don't understand why Americans do not like soccer or football? I mean, look at the stats for today's match so far. After 70 minutes of play there have been a total of 12 shots and 5 of those shots have been on target. Whoa! See a live play-by-play report HERE.
A side note for you, here is the message that President Bush gave to the men before they took the field... er "pitch".
"You've been doing a great job in preparation. The whole country is behind you. Give them hell."UPDATE: It is done, the U.S. loses three to "nil" as they say.




<< Home