I disagree and I'll use this quote to make my point.

"I would rather get away from that whole idea of clocks. We all want progress. But progress means getting nearer to the place where you want to be. And if you have taken a wrong turning, then to go forward does not get you any nearer. If you are on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; and in that case the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive ... [and] going back is the quickest way on." C.S. Lewis










I'm a member of the MOB.

Powered by Blogger


Listed on BlogShares

 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com

Friday, June 02, 2006

State Convention - Thursday

7:30pm - We are currently stuck in the Rules Committee Report. 8:05pm - John Uldrich and Sue Jeffers were not included in the Nominations Committee. 8:08pm - John Uldrich gave his comments on the issue. 8:15pm - Kennedy was nominated and is now speaking. 8:26pm - Wow, his remarks were very brief. I liked the "a Senate seat is a terrible thing to waste" line. 8:40pm - Technical problems. 8:45pm - Shudlick is wrapping up his speech. He definitely went after Kennedy more than the two other times I heard him speak. This time he even mentioned him by name, this was not done other times. 9:42pm - Voting is taking place, this has been going on for about 30+ minutes now. I happen to be sitting in the media area and not with my fellow SD63 delegates. Bloggers joining me in the media section are Michael (MDE), Jon (KvM), Doug (Bogus Gold/KvM), Andy (Residual Forces/KvM) and then in front of me are various local MSM writers such as Patricia Lopez. In a bit of irony, Shawn Towles from C&B yelled my last name. I have never met him so it took me a minute (and reading his shirt which bares his site name) to realize who he was. Shawn together with MDE are responsible for my highest hit count days in this blogs history. See this post for the history review. 9:56pm - They are sitting on the stage looking through envelopes and votes. Very exciting! 10:04pm - Four minutes ago the announced the tellers were going to count. FirstRinger just asked for a prediction from me. I gave Shudlick 9% of the vote. 10:08pm - Shawn from C&B gives Shudlick 20%. 10:27pm - The tellers are done and and coming down... our predictions are our desperate attempt make this remotely interesting. Kennedy wins in a shocker!!! Kennedy - 767 Shudlick - not announced Credentials announced 926 so if all people voted that would give Shudlick a max of 159 or 17% and if say 20 people didn't vote that would give him about 15%. So had we put money down, I would regretfully have given it to Shawn at C&B. 10:36pm - Kennedy is speaking. 10:47pm - Kennedy still speaking and Shawn has the official numbers. Here they are:

Mark Kennedy 767 votes for 78.99% Harold Shudlick 154 votes for 15.85% Blank 45 votes for 4.63% Spoiled 4 votes for .04%