I disagree and I'll use this quote to make my point.

"I would rather get away from that whole idea of clocks. We all want progress. But progress means getting nearer to the place where you want to be. And if you have taken a wrong turning, then to go forward does not get you any nearer. If you are on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; and in that case the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive ... [and] going back is the quickest way on." C.S. Lewis










I'm a member of the MOB.

Powered by Blogger


Listed on BlogShares

 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com

Friday, June 23, 2006

Sandahl Seeking 3rd Term

Sue Sandahl has announced that she will run again for the the at-large city council seat for Richfield. This would be her third term, she first ran and won in 1998.

Sandahl Running Again

Sue Sandahl recently announced her decision to seek re-election to the Richfield City Council. She was first elected to the at-large seat in 1998 and currently represents the entire city. Sandahl is a lifelong Richfield resident who also practices law in Richfield. "I am committed to work hard for the residents of Richfield and to keep Richfield a vibrant and livable community," she said in a media release. "This is where I live and work and I care deeply about my home town."

If re-elected, Sandahl said she wants to focus city efforts on livability issues and services that will keep the city's neighborhoods clean, friendly and attractive. She has supported a city cleanup and recycling day this fall, additional funds for expanded tree planting and adding bicycle paths. Sandahl also said in the release that she believes the city parks must be preserved. "Richfield residents love their parks and their trees," she said. As the chairperson of the Richfield Housing and Redevelopment Authority, Sandahl said she is proud of the upgraded commercial developments and more than 860 new housing units that have been built in Richfield in recent years. This number includes over 115 single-family homes that have replaced substandard homes in neighborhoods. "Transportation issues are also critical to Richfield's future," said Sandahl, who serves on the city's transportation commission, the I-494 Corridor Commission and the I-35W Solutions Alliance. "We need to maintain freeway access while minimizing the impact of transportation improvements." The most important thing a council member can do is listen to all the residents, Sandahl said. She may be reached by calling 612-861-4789. Sandahl is one of two council members whose current terms end this year. Richfield voters will also vote on their choice for mayor this fall. The filing period for city offices will run July 4 to 5 p.m. July 18. Since city offices are closed July 4, candidates cannot actually file on that day but may begin to collect signatures, City Clerk Nancy Gibbs said. Candidates must each provide 10 signatures of registered voters in the city who sign a nominating petition within the filing period. Packets including the nominating petitions and other information are already available at Richfield City Hall, 6700 Portland Ave. The city charges a $25 filing fee.