Could It Be?
Much to the disappointment of some, the Red Star has an article which shows opposition to same-sex legal unions is going up. In the quote below, you'll see that "critics" claim that the increase in people against legal unions is because of the nationwide marketing effort to "sway opinions". I'll admit that an effort is being made by conservatives, however could it be that the some people are finally being educated and awakening to the issue? Many other groups have long waged this cold war and the conservatives have finally woken up to the issue. The affect of the events in San Francisco and in the northeast have been the "Pearl Harbor" for this issue to conservatives. OK, the comparison is a stretch, but you get my point. (also I don't intend to compare this issue to the events and times of WWII)
The increase in the opposition to legal unions, which would give same-sex partners many of the same rights as married couples, comes from a 10-percentage-point rise in those who say they are strongly opposed to the idea. The trend, critics say, reflects a nationwide marketing effort by conservatives and religious groups to sway opinions on what has become one of the most divisive issues of the day.This poll just may support what I mentioned not long ago. I wonder how the numbers would shake out for district 63B?




<< Home