I disagree and I'll use this quote to make my point.

"I would rather get away from that whole idea of clocks. We all want progress. But progress means getting nearer to the place where you want to be. And if you have taken a wrong turning, then to go forward does not get you any nearer. If you are on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; and in that case the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive ... [and] going back is the quickest way on." C.S. Lewis










I'm a member of the MOB.

Powered by Blogger


Listed on BlogShares

 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Mixed Emotions

Since 2001, September 11th has been a day of mixed emotions for this family. On that horrible day in 2001 we celebrated two events and mourned a third. We celebrated the birthday of my beautiful bride and the news that our firstborn was one the way (two lines vs. one on the EPT), but we were heartsick about the tragic events on the east coast. We considered cancelling, but the hope that comes with the new life made us follow through on plans for a night out at Broder's Pasta Bar. We chose to celebrate life, while mourning with our brothers out east.
Anyway... four years later and today we again celebrate the birthday of my wife and my kid's mother, but we will never forget the event that will most likely have a large impact on my children's lives. This image still haunts me and I hope it ALWAYS does!
WTC 2nd Plane Hit photo courtesy Polipundit