Principal Johnson Replies #2
Richfield OK, here is the final post regarding this issue that was raised last week. This is an email from the principal which describes their process for inviting speakers.
From: Jill Johnson Sent: Monday, October 17, 2005 8:15 AM To: Jr. Jerome Plagge Subject: RE: email regarding DFL party speaking to students Jerome: I talked directly with Lars Oakman, the chair of the social studies department. I'm getting back to you with answers to your concerns. Lars may contact you also. 1. We have had speakers from various political organizations come and talk to our students for at least 21 years. 2. We don't contact anyone directly. We have, and will continue, to work through an organization called the Community Resource Pool. They organize speakers for many school districts. (You might want to let David Weinlick know that know no one from RHS contacted the DFL. The contact was made by the community resource pool for Richfield High School.) I'm sure a contact will be made to the Republican party as we have had them talk to our students every year. 3. We do not allow candidates for political office to speak to the classes. We do allow representative from the various political parties to speak to the classes. Jerome, we work hard to provide our students with a wide-range of political perspectives. We do not favor one group over another. I hope I have answered your questions. If not, let me know what else I can answer for you. Thanks for the email. Jill Dr. Jill P. Johnson Principal Richfield High School




<< Home