I disagree and I'll use this quote to make my point.

"I would rather get away from that whole idea of clocks. We all want progress. But progress means getting nearer to the place where you want to be. And if you have taken a wrong turning, then to go forward does not get you any nearer. If you are on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; and in that case the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive ... [and] going back is the quickest way on." C.S. Lewis










I'm a member of the MOB.

Powered by Blogger


Listed on BlogShares

 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Frat Boy Pranks by MNPublius

Miscellaneous In the past Doug has defended the antics of the junior high-like crap posted over at MNPublius. I wonder if he is going to defend them now? They somehow hijacked the old DvK blogspot and posted this garbage.
As you likely know, our blog Dayton v. Kennedy(daytonvkennedy.blogspot.com) underwent a major challenge several weeks ago when we came to the realization that we are huge douches.
For the last several weeks we have persevered by calling ourselves'The Blog Formerly by Big Douches' or simply TBFBBD'.

Real Class from MNPublius Posted by Picasa

I'm not sure what the problem is with the kids at MNPub, they have been attacking (here, here, here, etc.) KvM and Kennedy for weeks now. Then today after MDE challenged one of their Kennedy posts, they start going after him with the same level of class as they did to KvM. All this blog attacking blog stuff is idiotic because it reveals the sad fact that some bloggers have this twisted view of how important they might be. (I clearly understand my small, or insignificant level of importance in the sphere.) Having said that, it still is a free blogosphere and the children at MNPub can do what they want. I guess my point is that I do not ever want to hear them claim the high road and rip on conservative bloggers (like MDE) that dish out the nasty dirt, because they sunk to the same level today.
It is clear all this is just a desperate attempt to get people to pay attention to their little blog. Congrats, enjoy your fifteen minutes.
UPDATE: The apology is nice, but your idea of a joke still is a bit off. What is the deal with Matt and the word "douche" anyway? I thought using that was an 80's thing?
UPDATE #2: Apparently Matt spent a great deal of time attempting to recover all the content he could for the old DvK. I can respect him for that, but I'm still confused by the "douche" thing.