I disagree and I'll use this quote to make my point.

"I would rather get away from that whole idea of clocks. We all want progress. But progress means getting nearer to the place where you want to be. And if you have taken a wrong turning, then to go forward does not get you any nearer. If you are on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; and in that case the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive ... [and] going back is the quickest way on." C.S. Lewis










I'm a member of the MOB.

Powered by Blogger


Listed on BlogShares

 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Bigger Fish?

The conservative Christians are in uproar over a Christmas card, but is it wasted effort? Most people would consider me one of these conservative Christians, so I guess I may be an exception to the group, or am I. Maybe the people with loudest voices are the only ones upset?

"This clearly demonstrates that the Bush administration has suffered a loss of will and that they have capitulated to the worst elements in our culture," said William A. Donohue, president of the Catholic League for Religious and Civil Rights. Bush "claims to be a born-again, evangelical Christian. But he sure doesn't act like one," said Joseph Farah, editor of the conservative Web site WorldNetDaily.com. "I threw out my White House card as soon as I got it."
What's worse, saying "Happy Holidays" or the commercialization of Christmas itself. Some of these same people probably were complaining about how commercialized Christmas has become, but now they are suddenly all concerned about what Wal-Mart and other put on their stupid advertising. I thought Christmas is about your own heart, and how your family observes it. Are there not more important things than worrying about? Oh yeah, I keep my card from the President and the First Lady.