I disagree and I'll use this quote to make my point.

"I would rather get away from that whole idea of clocks. We all want progress. But progress means getting nearer to the place where you want to be. And if you have taken a wrong turning, then to go forward does not get you any nearer. If you are on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; and in that case the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive ... [and] going back is the quickest way on." C.S. Lewis










I'm a member of the MOB.

Powered by Blogger


Listed on BlogShares

 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

My Sympathies to Senator Ranum

2006 Elections, MN Senate The Red Star carries more details about Senator Ranum not seeking re-election. The article states her reason is to return to work as a full-time Hennepin County attorney, however if you read further you will see that her husband has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's. This is truly sad news for the Ranum family and I want to extend my deepest sympathies, thoughts and prayers as they start down the difficult path that a family faces with this horrendous disease.

State Sen. Jane Ranum, a five-term Minneapolis DFLer, announced Tuesday that she will not seek reelection and will return to work as a full-time assistant Hennepin County attorney. In a letter to supporters and friends, Ranum, 58, said she was making her announcement to allow those interested in succeeding her time to declare before the March 7 precinct caucuses. Her solidly DFL district includes a part of south Minneapolis, Richfield and Bloomington. In addition, her husband, Jim, has been diagnosed with a degenerative brain disease similar to Alzheimer's, and he requires professional caregiving.
On a more trivial matter, it appears the Red Star agrees that I truly am living a red life in a district of blue. UPDATE: I felt Ed's comment was worth moving to the post, instead of being buried in the comments.
I am so sorry to hear about Senator Ranum's husband and the difficulties he is having with illness. I know what it is like to live with and care for a loved one and I wish her well and God's grace as she copes with this illness. I was looking forward to a stimulating campaign with Senator Ranum, but I think we all realize that there are times when our own goals seem trivial when compared to the needs of others. I am confident that the Senator will prove to be an asset to the Hennepin County Attorney's office and a blessing to her husband and family. Godspeed Senator Ed Field 01.25.06 - 11:33 am