I disagree and I'll use this quote to make my point.

"I would rather get away from that whole idea of clocks. We all want progress. But progress means getting nearer to the place where you want to be. And if you have taken a wrong turning, then to go forward does not get you any nearer. If you are on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; and in that case the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive ... [and] going back is the quickest way on." C.S. Lewis










I'm a member of the MOB.

Powered by Blogger


Listed on BlogShares

 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Jack's Early Attack

Did Jack's pre-emptive strike at the CD-5 seat offer him the head start he needed or is his early start just going to afford him the position to have a very large influence on who wins the endorsement? It seems his early start has landed him 20% of the delegates already. This 20% could launch him to the endorsement, but more likely this endorsement represents the far-left, pro-peace part of the CD-5 DFL contingent. So somewhere in the third, fourth or fifth vote at the CD-5 convention Jack could push these 20% towards the candidate of his choice. Will I regret this post?

We may be underestimating the strength of 5th District Congressional hopeful Jack Nelson-Pallmeyer. According to one local DFL insider, Nelson-Pallmeyer could be the “kingmaker” at the district convention in May. The longtime peace activist and author, who entered the race prior to Sabo’s retirement announcement, may have as much as 20 percent of the delegates already locked up. Where those delegates go after the first couple of ballots may hold the key to the endorsement. Source: Minneapolis Observer 4/3/06