I disagree and I'll use this quote to make my point.

"I would rather get away from that whole idea of clocks. We all want progress. But progress means getting nearer to the place where you want to be. And if you have taken a wrong turning, then to go forward does not get you any nearer. If you are on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; and in that case the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive ... [and] going back is the quickest way on." C.S. Lewis










I'm a member of the MOB.

Powered by Blogger


Listed on BlogShares

 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Thissen Beaten Down, Caving In

A faithful reader points out that Rep. Paul Thissen (63A) has repeatedly stated he would not support the new Twins stadium in the past, but now it appears he is caving in under the pressure. An article on the MPR website has him commenting about how much the stadium issue weighs on all other issues at the capital. It also states that he will fight to make sure the Hennepin County sales tax increase goes before the voters, but he stopped short by stating that he will support a Twins Stadium bill even if it allows the county to bypass the referendum that is required by current law.

"This issue sucks all of the oxygen away from all of the other legislative proposals that come before it," says Rep. Paul Thissen, DFL-Minneapolis. "It just takes up so much time. I think that's a factor. ... we've had this issue in front of the state for a decade now." Thissen says he'll support efforts to include a referendum on the sales tax, but will vote for the stadium even if those attempts fail.
I urge all of my readers to contact Paul and tell him to vote against this bill.

Paul Thissen (DFL) 63A 301 State Office Building 100 Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. Saint Paul, Minnesota 55155(651) 296-5375 E-mail: rep.paul.thissen@house.mn