Perfect Match
Personal I received an email today from a friend that told me someone I know, Brian, was in the group of firefighters who blew up yesterday, 12/19.
I really like that part of the post and I am not shocked in the least to Brian's reaction. I have been mountain biking with him more than once and he is crazy. No one in our large group would fly down the rock covered hills of Lutsen Ski Area faster than Brian. In a post 9/11 world, most of us understand firemen are a unique group. They are not all the same, but they all have something special about them that makes them WANT a job like that. As a son of a fireman, I sometimes wish I had pursued that career, but I think a career change now just is not going to happen. Anyway, if my house is on fire I am glad guys like Brian will do what they do. Brian and firefighter are a perfect match. (See Brian on the news last night.)Ryan, who is also on in the MFD and also a former roommate of mine, called me and told me the story. According to Ryan, Brian called him to let him know he was okay and said that “he was pretty excited” about what happened. Many of my other friends called to find out if he was shaken up. I said, “Not thrill-seeker Bri, that guy’s scared of nothing!”
And I was right.
Brian was the one Fire Fighter who was released from the hospital yesterday and came home late that evening. With his burnt hair and marked up nose shining from the oily medicine, he regaled me with the story and concluded, “After I walked out of their, I said to myself, ‘This is the coolest job in the world. I wouldn’t want to do anything else.’”

<< Home