I disagree and I'll use this quote to make my point.

"I would rather get away from that whole idea of clocks. We all want progress. But progress means getting nearer to the place where you want to be. And if you have taken a wrong turning, then to go forward does not get you any nearer. If you are on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; and in that case the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive ... [and] going back is the quickest way on." C.S. Lewis










I'm a member of the MOB.

Powered by Blogger


Listed on BlogShares

 View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com

Saturday, December 10, 2005

Poor Results for Anti-Bush Protesters

2006 Elections, Media As noted on other blogs, there was a big push to hold a large protest outside the Hilton yesterday for President Bush's visit. I was noted that Senate candidate Wetterling was even going to join them until some intelligent person changed her mind. I think one of the main goals of a protest is to get some good media coverage. If that is true, the protest outside the Hilton could be classified as a failure. Why? Because I was very busy yesterday so I thought I'd just catch up with the days events downtown (just blocks from WCCO) by watching the 10 o'clock news. I was expecting the Bush visit and protest to be the lead, but if my memory is right it didn't even come on until right before or right after the first break. And then, there was not one word about the protest. Of course the Red Star did not disappoint the protesters, but they only received 219 words embedded in the larger article about the Bush visit. H/T MDE: Not all protestors are too intelligent.